How To Create Curved Garden Borders
Adding landscape gardens to your yard will help add curb appeal to your home. Adding curved garden beds is a great way to add dimension and beauty. Creating these curved garden beds needs to be done properly to keep the edges from looking messy.
See below for instructions on how to create these curved garden beds with landscape bark:
What You'll Need:
- Weed Mesh
- Garden Hose
- Landscape Bark
- Rubber Gardening Border
- First, you need to decide where you want your curved garden in your yard. You can draw out your garden prior to making holes in your yard, to be sure that is where you want it to be placed. Draw out the shape you want, as well as what plants you want in your garden.
- Next, use your garden hose to help you create the shape of your garden you drew out in your plans. Once you have the shape, you can either begin making your cuts with your shovel, or you can mark the lines with spray paint. Then you can make your cuts along the spray-painted lines. This way you don't have to worry about your garden hose moving on you.
- Dig down about two inches and remove the sod from your garden bed. If you are looking for a raised bed, you'll need to add soil to the area to build it up.
- Once you have the sod removed, lay down your weed barrier on top of the soil. This will help keep weeds from getting into you garden bed and taking over your beautiful garden.
- Line your curved garden border with the rubber gardening border, which looks like a flat rubber hose. This will help keep your border looking straight and neat.
- Next, fill in your garden with the plants or flowers you desire. Cut an "x" shape in your weed mesh to allow room for these plants, and then replace the pieces of weed mesh around your plants to keep weeds from invading them.
- Finally, you can fill in your gardening bed with your landscape bark. Bark can come in a variety of colors, including natural, red, dark brown or even black. The darker bark really makes your plants and flower colors pop. You can arrange your bark using a rake, or using your hands - whichever is easier.
The addition of a landscape garden will give your home curb appeal, but a curved garden will add even more dimension and beauty. Make sure you take your time and install it properly, so it stays beautiful for a long time. To learn more, contact a company like Purdy Topsoil & Gravel with any questions or concerns you have.